Dfs replication between Windows server 2003 R2 and Windows server
lenm123
2007-05-22 15:45:01 UTC
Every time I try to replicate a folder between a windows server 2003 SP1 and
windows server 2003 R2 I have the fallowing error:
\\servername (server which is a windows server 2003)\share “DFS replication
service is not installed”
Danny Sanders
2007-05-22 15:55:08 UTC
To set up R2 replication each server in the replication group must have the
new DFSR installed.
\\servername (server which is a windows server 2003)\share "DFS
replication
service is not installed"
Run setup2 from the second disk of the R2 set on the server that needs R2
installed.

hth
DDS
service is not installed"
lenm123
2007-05-22 16:27:00 UTC
I do not understand, you mean to update the Windows server 2003 to Windows
server 2003 R2. Because windows server 2003 R2 come with 2 CDs the second CD
is the one with the new components and future, also I do not know if I need
another license. If you can be more explicit.
There is not another way?
service is not installed"
lenm123
service is not installed"
Danny Sanders
2007-05-22 17:52:34 UTC
Post by lenm123
I do not understand, you mean to update the Windows server 2003 to Windows
server 2003 R2. Because windows server 2003 R2 come with 2 CDs the second CD
is the one with the new components and future,
Win 2k3 came out. At a later date MS decided to add some updated features to
Win 2k3. Out came R2. If you want to use those updated features of R2 you
MUST install R2 on each server you want to use the updated features on.

You can not use the updated DFS replication that comes with Win 2k R2 on a
server without R2 installed.
Run setup2 from the second disk of the R2 set to install the updated R2
features.

, also I do not know if I need
Post by lenm123
another license. If you can be more explicit.
Check with the people you bought Win 2k3 R2 from.

hth
DDS
service is not installed"
Daniel

service is not installed"
Danny Sanders

service is not installed"
Daniel

service is not installed"
Daniel

service is not installed"
Jill Zoeller [MSFT]
2007-05-24 19:32:42 UTC
Just one thing to add here--in addition to the requirement that all servers
using DFSR must run R2, you also need to install a schema update to support
DFSR. This does not mean that your DCs must run R2. It just means that your
domain admin must install the schema update for R2. Otherwise the necessary
DFSR objects won't be in AD.

More information can be found at www.microsoft.com/dfs.