Two offices using same data / documents?
Fred Bloggs
2009-07-24 13:57:05 UTC
Hi,
I'm just cutting my teeth on DFS, after the current setup has fallen over.
While i'm sat here seeing and working out what's going wrong, it's occurred
to me that if you use DFS between multi sites, it is going to be very easy
to loose versions of data. i.e 2 people working on the same document (both
locally thanks to DFS) and then each evening potentially one version gets
overwritten.

Is there anything which can be done about this, to stop this happening?

Regards
Anthony [MVP]
2009-07-24 16:30:20 UTC
It just isn't designed for that. Its a shame because it is good at what it
does, but we'd all like it to do more. If you really want two sets of people
at different locations to be editing the same set of data you need to use
Terminal services, or use a synchronous replication product, or have them
both access one file share,
Anthony
http://www.airdesk.com