DFS SLOW ON ACCESS
Ray
2007-10-03 12:15:00 UTC
Hi all,

I have implemented the latested version of DFS on Windows 2003 R2 servers. I
have 2 local root servers that are part of my DFS. When trying to browse or
open files from a DFS path it is extremly slow. If we access the same files
directly from the share it takes about 2 secs to open. We all have windows xp
sp2 workstation professional installed. On are network somes PCs are ok and
some other are not !

Thanks for all.
Batman
Thanks for all.
Ray
2007-10-10 19:13:00 UTC
Hello,

If all my users had the issue i would consider the Antivirus System. But we
all have Nod32 installed on are system. The problem is with different users
in different departement. If they open a word ,excel document the system
would freeze for about 2 minutes before openning the document. But i open the
same document it takes 1/2 a second...

Thanks
Thanks for all.
dan0
2007-10-25 12:55:01 UTC
Any updates. I have the same issue. We have users mapped to the DFS drive
and browsing the folders/files under the mapped dfs drive is very slow.
Access via network share is fast...
Thanks for all.
Ray

Thanks for all.
dan0
Thanks for all.
Gbhatt

Thanks for all.
Aamir
Thanks for all.
Gbhatt
Thanks for all.
rwalton3
2007-11-26 21:23:06 UTC
Thanks very much for the link to the KB article! It fixed a slowness
issue that we had on all of our XP SP2 workstations with opening the
first file across a share through DFS. It would take 10-20 seconds to
open the first file (after that it was quick); this fix made the first
file open as fast as the subsequent files. Much appreciated!

Randy