DFS over VPN
Winston
2005-01-07 17:01:33 UTC
Hi,

I am trying to get DFS to work over VPN. In local intranet, I am able to
use \\domain\sharename.

When I connect to the server over the internet using VPN and making the
connection the default gateway, I could no longer use \\domain\sharename

Could anyone help to shed some light as to how i can get DFS to work over
VPN? Thanks in advance.
Jill Zoeller [MSFT]
VPN? Thanks in advance.
Winston
2005-01-09 14:53:44 UTC
Hi Jill,

I tired your suggestion but the problem still remains. Could it be a WINS
or DNS issue?

Thanks for your reply.
VPN? Thanks in advance.
Jill Zoeller [MSFT]
2005-01-10 17:26:50 UTC
Possibly...unfortunately that's an area I can't help you with.

To see the list of domains that a client knows about (and can access
domain-based namespaces in), trying running the support tool Dfsutil.exe on
the client using the spcinfo parameter. This list is updated every 15
minutes and is repopulated when you restart the workstation service. If this
list isn't populated when you're using VPN, then the client won't be able to
access any domain-based namespaces.
over VPN? Thanks in advance.
Jason L Pearson
2005-01-18 14:46:34 UTC
Is this a branch office or a remote user you are connecting?
Winston
2005-01-18 15:09:40 UTC
Remote user connecting to the main HQ