13555 after R2 install
C Kelley
2006-01-02 20:40:30 UTC
after installing server 2003 R2 on bootup I'm getting an NtFrs error 13555..
anyone know why? and what shoudl I do?
C Kelley
2006-01-03 01:59:42 UTC
ok this really sucks I looked at all my options, and i'm trying to find the
quickest one. I have mulipul DCs so that's not a prob, should I just demote
the DC and dcpromo it? I dont' have a current backup of this server but AD
has the SYSVOL replicated to many servers. I also have DFS/FRS replication
going, I guess I'll loose that as well, like they dirs will have to be
rereplicated..
Jabez Gan
2006-01-03 14:30:14 UTC
If you are upgrading to R2 on a DC, you will need to do a:
adprep.exe /forestprep

Once done, restart your PC.
--
Jabez Gan
http://www.blizhosting.com
C Kelley
2006-01-03 15:16:06 UTC
befor installing R2 on the DC I did the adprep on another DC in the forest
and watied for replcation. Is it a known issue for this to happen?
Post by Jabez Gan
adprep.exe /forestprep
Once done, restart your PC.
Jabez Gan
2006-01-04 01:40:00 UTC
If you make the machine a DC before installing R2, you will need to do a
adprep.exe /forestprep AFTER installing R2.

Please read the release notes for R2. :)
--
Post by C Kelley
befor installing R2 on the DC I did the adprep on another DC in the forest
and watied for replcation. Is it a known issue for this to happen?
Post by Jabez Gan
adprep.exe /forestprep
Once done, restart your PC.
C Kelley
2006-01-04 04:09:47 UTC
I will re-read the release notes, but I never saw anything about doing the
addprep /forestperp after installing your first R2 DC in the domian. The
forestprep adds schema changes and doesn't have anything to do with a
particular OS that's being run as far as I know. I'll check again but as far
as I can tell you just need to run adprep on any DC in the domain befor
installing or useing R2 features.

My current plan since I've been wantign to rename this server anyway, is to
demote it, change the name and promo it again. I think this will clear the
up the problem. I just don't want this to happen to any more of my DCs that
I isntall R2 on

the error I'm getting is,

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NtFrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13555
Date: 1/3/2006
Time: 9:44:46 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SRV1
The File Replication Service is in an error state. Files will not replicate
to or from one or all of the replica sets on this computer until the
Post by C Kelley
befor installing R2 on the DC I did the adprep on another DC in the
forest and watied for replcation. Is it a known issue for this to happen?
Post by Jabez Gan
adprep.exe /forestprep
Once done, restart your PC.
Jabez Gan
2006-01-04 16:27:12 UTC
On rechecking the R2 RTM CD for the file R2Readme.HTM, I don't see adprep
/forestprep listed in it. Howevre on previous versions (beta versions), if
you install using the method:

1. Install W2k3 SP1
2. Setup DC (dcpromo)
3. Install R2 Disc

adprep /forestprep will be needed. And yes, it will add schema changes,
since there's an updated File Server from R2.

You said that you installed R2 after setting up FRS/File server, right?
After installed R2, please open up Manage Your Server and Upgrade the File
Server role.

For the error that you are seeing, please try the resolutions listed here
and see if it helps:
http://www.chicagotech.net/Troubleshooting/frsissue.htm
Date: 1/3/2006
Time: 9:44:46 PM
Post by C Kelley
befor installing R2 on the DC I did the adprep on another DC in the
forest and watied for replcation. Is it a known issue for this to happen?
Post by Jabez Gan
adprep.exe /forestprep
Once done, restart your PC.
C Kelley
2006-01-04 21:35:53 UTC
no the first thing I did was addprep, then I upgraed a DC from SP1 to R2,
then I installed DFRS File server. I think that's the order called for, but
I could be wrong.

I looked at that page, and have tryed the differet steps but still the same.
At this point I've resigned I'm going to rebuld the DC but now I'm very
leary of installed R2 on any more of my DCs
Date: 1/3/2006
Time: 9:44:46 PM
Post by C Kelley
befor installing R2 on the DC I did the adprep on another DC in the
forest and watied for replcation. Is it a known issue for this to happen?
Post by Jabez Gan
adprep.exe /forestprep
Once done, restart your PC.