Server 2008 DFS
esentrik
2008-07-01 15:38:05 UTC
Replication is not working, server 2 is still waiting on initial replication
from server1.
When I try to manually replicate from 1 to 2, I get the error "The member x
could not be contacted to get current schedule status. The error returned
was "The DFS Replication WMI connection or synchronization object was not
found." The file servers are not dc's. have run dcdiag and netdiag, all OK.
Getting a com error on server 2, but the cslid that i need to allow
permissions to does not show up in dcomcnfg. Thanks for any insight.
Alan Sidles
2010-10-15 20:32:18 UTC
Did you ever get this resolved. I'm having the same issue.
Post by esentrik
Replication is not working, server 2 is still waiting on initial replication
from server1.
When I try to manually replicate from 1 to 2, I get the error "The member x
could not be contacted to get current schedule status. The error returned
was "The DFS Replication WMI connection or synchronization object was not
found." The file servers are not dc's. have run dcdiag and netdiag, all OK.
Getting a com error on server 2, but the cslid that i need to allow
permissions to does not show up in dcomcnfg. Thanks for any insight.
Using ASP.NET Session with Silverlight and WCF Services
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c72cc77a-bf84-4180-a35b-46b8726ab782/using-aspnet-session-with-silverlight-and-wcf-services.aspx
mk bell
2010-12-04 20:17:10 UTC
Please did you get any solution to this.
Post by Alan Sidles
Did you ever get this resolved. I'm having the same issue.
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft LINQ Query Samples For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-topic-area/LINQ-Standard-Query-Operators/33/LINQ-Standard-Query-Operators.aspx
Alan Sidles
2010-12-05 22:35:09 UTC
Yes, I got mine working but it wasn't really a WMI problem. That error was misleading. Make sure that the server's "Administrators" account is the owner of the share for each server you are replicating. Make the Domain Administrator part of these groups. That's how I resolved my issue.
Hope that helps.
-Alan

Alan Sidles
Alan Sidles
2010-12-05 22:38:14 UTC
It's all about permissions.
Post by Alan Sidles
The WMI error is misleading. I resolved mine by making the server's "Administrators" group the owner of the share. Also make sure the Domain Administrator is a member of that group. Do this on every server you are trying to replicate. That's how I resolved my issues.
Hope that helps.
-Alan
Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft ASP.NET For Beginners