managing DFS conflicts and deleted
DonnaJ@abbe-lib.org
2009-03-31 03:11:01 UTC
I have a roaming profile on my network that is used by many users. It is
causing me some headaches with the conflicts and deleted folder for DFS. I'm
researching making a change for the profile in question, but what I need to
know in the mean time is what can I do to cut down on all the conflicts and
deleted files from this profile. The anti-virus scans never get through this
folder. And even if I change the profile so it doesn't save things like temp
files and cookies to the server, that will only add to the conflicts. Any
advice would be great. I'm thinking I could at least stop it from writing the
deleted file for now.

Regards,
DJ
Isaac Oben [MCITP:EA, MCSE]
2009-03-31 03:48:24 UTC
Hello DonnaJ,

Can you please give us a brief summary how the roaming profile is setup in
relation to dfs? What kind of conflicts are you experieincing?

Isaac
DJ
DonnaJ@abbe-lib.org
2009-03-31 14:23:02 UTC
The conflicts are mainly cookies and temp files, that I assume are either
modify or deleted from the profile. This profile is used by 10 different user
for accessing our circ and ref desk pc's. These are most of the files in the
conflict and deleted folder for DFS. There are some many of them that the
anti-virus never finishes scanning the hard drive on my servers. I want to
make changes to the profile, but I'm worried that this will cause more
conflicts because of the removed files. Can I just decrease the quota for the
conflicts and deleted folder or should I take any other steps first.

Regards,
DJ
DJ
Isaac Oben [MCITP:EA, MCSE]
2009-04-01 00:10:45 UTC
Hello DonnaJ,

To be honest with you, I can understand exactly what your question is. Does
all 10 different users have a single profile? or all 10 users have roaming
profile that is stored in a main dfs share etc?

Isaac
DJ
DonnaJ@abbe-lib.org
2009-04-01 15:23:01 UTC
Both. The profile is used by the all the staff that work at the circ desk and
reference desk of your main branch and the the roaming profile is stored in
the DFS shares. My question is what is the best way to reduce the temp files
that are stored with their profile. My DC's are taking over 24 hours to scan
them with anti-virus. Does that clear it up? I'm planning to create two new
profiles (circ and refer)to replace the this profile and would welcome any
advice for setting them up.

I changed one of the DC to see the effect, unchecked save deleted. I don't
understand how changing one will make any difference... won't it replacation
add them back?
I added the temp internet folder to the sub filter for all of them. I
already had temp under sub-filters and This is under filter ~*, *.bak, *.tmp.

DJ
Isaac Oben [MCITP:EA, MCSE]
2009-04-06 03:08:29 UTC
Hello DonnaJ,

Why don't you configure temp files to save on local machine instead of the
DC? Also is it possible have each help desk user have their own individual
profiles?

Isaac
DJ
Steve Craft
2010-10-21 17:48:33 UTC
I can barely follow this discussion because of the awful gramatical errors. You sound like middle school kids passing a note back and forth. You're not texting, this is a professional site. Write responses that reflect intelligence, not stupidity.
Post by ***@abbe-lib.org
[...]
Why do not you configure temp files to save on local machine instead of the
DC? Also is it possible have each help desk user have their own individual
profiles?
Isaac
Autocorrelation method in C# for signal analysis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d39ee525-a402-46cf-9989-72b7256f76b1/autocorrelation-method-in-c-for-signal-analysis.aspx