Switching drives of folder target
Jadus01
2010-04-20 14:25:01 UTC
I'm hoping someone can help me clarify something.

We've currently got a Dell MD3000 with 8x300GB 15k SAS disks, and 4x1TB SATA
disks.
There are two folders being replicated on the SATA array (departments and
jobs).

What I'd like to do is move those two replicated folders to the other array.
However, that is almost 800GB of data and I really don't want to have to
re-do initial replication.

Is there an easy way to copy the data to the other array, and change both
the folder targets and replication groups to the new drive letter in Windows,
without triggering initial replication?

Thanks.
Danny Sanders
2010-04-20 15:51:38 UTC
I would suggest deleting the replication group, prestaging the data to the
new locations and then recreating the replication group. You will still
trigger the initial replication but it will be much less data to replicate
because you prestaged the data.

You can either restore from a baclup or setup a robocopy script to prestage
the data.

hth
DDS