2009-11-23 20:49:03 UTC
server will stay, just new direct attached storage that has more space. I
cannot find any documentation on how to properly handle this without causing
DFSR to see everything as needing to be replciated. What would be the
1. Add the new DAS unit, with the old one still attached and hosting the
data. Then create new shares and new links on new unit and let DFS replciate
the data? Final step, delete the old DAS target in DFS management?
2. Stop DFSR and copy everything from one DAS to the other? Remove old,
restart DFSR service? (This may take a long time...over 1 TB of small files
3. Ghost and reimage the DAS storage? (same thing...expect this to take a
4. An option i am missing?
I need to accomplish the following:
1. Introdce new hardware.
2. Have minimal downtime (cant be hours).
3. Prevent replication of all DFS shared folders. (i.e. DFS thinking that
there's 1 TB of new files and they all need to be copied again, thus killing
performance, bandwidth and service to the end user.)
Appreicate any assistance.
please reply to chris(dot)rapp(dot)***@autec(dot)navy(dot)mil