DFSR initial replication not completing
pri3257
2010-02-22 18:36:01 UTC
I have a 2008 std hub server in the main data center which replicates data
from all remote offices. I am having problems with one office that the
initial replication has not completed in over a month.

The remote office server is running 2008 std. Replication will just stop
working, I'll check one day and there will be 172 gigs. The next day there
will still be 172 gigs. If I stop the DFS replication service on both
servers it will replicate maybe 1 gigs before stopping again. There are no
errors in the logs as to why it just stops.
I have the staging directories set to 48 gigs and the total size of the
replicated data is 182 gigs.

Currently the hub server has 173 gigs of the complete 182 gigs but I have to
keep stopping the services to get more to replicate. is there anything I can
check to find more info on the problem, maybe better diagnostic logging?
pri3257
2010-02-22 18:51:01 UTC
I am also seeing the following event repeatedly all day long on the reference
server in the remote office:

DFSR Event ID 4412
The dfs replication service detected that a file was changed on multiple
servers. A conflict resolution algorithm was used to determine the winning
file.

Users do not connect to the hub server in the datacenter so I'm not sure why
there would be conflicts.