DFS file replication status?
X. Zhang
2010-05-21 14:25:01 UTC
Hi there,

I'm new to DFS/FRS, and wondering if it's possible to get the following
information dynamically, or I should say programmingly (NOT by viewing
reports, since it's required NO human interactive):

1) The status (e.g. in progress, or done) of replicating/synchronizing the
specified file.
2) If in progress, what's the percentage or how long to be done?
3) When it's done, any event or notification can be catch immediately?

Thanks,
X. Zhang
2010-05-28 19:23:01 UTC
No one can share some ideas with me on those? Or probably my questions are
confusing?

Ok, to be more specific, for example, there is a script sample "Getting the
ID Record for a File or Folder" by using DFSR WMI classes in MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb540041(v=VS.85).aspx

Can we checking if a file (specified by the full path) is still in
synchorization/updating process or it's been done, and how?

Thanks,